The École normale de musique de Paris offers an intensive, tailor-made program designed to support young talents in their musical development, adapting to the pace of progress and the level of musical knowledge of each musician.
This programme is aimed at young pianists, violinists and cellists aged between 11 and 16, selected by audition.
The cost of tuition at the École normale de musique de Paris is entirely covered by the school.
Please note: It does not include general schooling (college/high school) or accommodation, which remain the responsibility of the parents.The School can only give indications to facilitate research).
CONDITIONS OF ACCESS
- Be at least 11 years old on 1 October 2023, and no more than 16 years old on 30 June 2024
N.B.: The courses of this programme require the presence of the student at the school at least 3 days a week.
A preliminary interview must be requested by the parents from the management and a file must be sent to the studies secretariat including :
- Full civil status
- Full details of the parents
- Photocopy of identity card (or passport)
- Summary of musical background
- School situation
- Letter of motivation from parents
- Video recording of 2 works of your choice
Deadline for submission of application: Friday 26 January 2024.
If the application is accepted, the candidate will be called for an audition in February (date to be specified)
The audition, lasting 30 minutes per musician, will include :
- a free instrumental programme of 3 musical pieces from 3 different periods (20min maximum)
- an interview, possibly including questions on music theory (solfege) and musical culture.
The jury will then meet on site with the parents of the young musicians who have been selected following the deliberation.
The School will retain a maximum of 5 candidates for the 2024-2025 school year, depending on the number of places available.