Since 2017, the École Normale de Musique de Paris has been offering an intensive and tailor-made course designed to support young talents in their musical development, adapting to the pace of progression and the state of musical knowledge specific to each musician.
This program is aimed at young pianists, violinists and cellists aged 11 to 16, selected by audition.
. 2 individual lessons of 1 hour per week for the instrument
. 1 chamber music lesson of 1 hour minimum per week
. 1 individual and tailor-made music theory lesson of 1 hour per week
. 1 music history lesson of 1.5 hours per week
. 1 exam at the end of the year
Please note: It does not include general tuition (middle/high school) or accommodation, which remain the responsibility of the parents.The School can only give indications to facilitate research.
The cost of tuition at the École Normale de Musique de Paris is fully covered by the School.
- Be at least 11 years old on October 1, 2023, and at most 16 years old on June 30, 2024
- Send a file containing:
– complete marital status
– full contact details of the parents
– photocopy of identity card (or passport)
– summary of the musical journey– school situation
– cover letter from parents
– a video recording comprising 2 works of your choice
Application deadline: Friday, January 24, 2023.
If the file is accepted, the candidate will be called for the audition in February (date to be specified)
The duration of 30 minutes per musician will include:
- a free instrumental program of 3 pieces from 3 different eras (duration 15 minutes maximum)
- an interview possibly including questions of music theory and musical culture.
The jury will then meet on site the parents of the young musicians who have been selected following the deliberation.
The School will retain a maximum of 5 candidates for the 2023-2024 school year, depending on the places available.
For further information: Bureau des études – email@example.com