Since 2017, École normale de musique de Paris has been offering a program for young musicians aged 11 to 16.
This intensive and tailor-made course focuses on the career building of young musicians and is designed to accompany them in their musical development, at their own individual pace.
The program is intended for pianists, violinists and cellists and the selection will be made upon audition.
- 2 individual one-hour instrumental classes per week
- 1 hour chamber music class minimum per week
- 1 hour individual and individualized theory class per week
- 1.5 hours music history class per week
- 1end-of-year exam
important: The program does not include general school education or accommodation. Both remain the parental responsibility. The School’s assistance will be available.
The tuition for this program is taken in charge in its entirity by the School.
- The candidate must be 11 years old minimum on October 1st, 2022 and 16 maximum on June 30th, 2023
- The application must be sent to the Secrétariat des Études before January, 24th 2023 with:
– the birth certificate of the candidate
– address and phone number of the parents
– a copy of the candidate’s passport
– a short summary of the candidate’s musical experience
– the candidate’s school diplomas or certificates
– a letter of motivation from the parents
If selected upon application, the candidate will be summoned to an audition in February (date to be confirmed)
The 30-minute audition will include:
- Performance of three works of three contrasting styles and periods (15mn maximum)
- Examination of solfège and general musical knowledge
After deliberation, the jury will meet the parents of the selected candidates.
Only 5 candidates will be chosen for 2023-2024.
For further information: Bureau des études – email@example.com