You wish to study at the École Normale de Musique de Paris ?
- Admission is based on a student portfolio and application, a video recording ( or YouTube link) and an audition.
- New students must go through an audition at the beginning of the year to confirm their admission and to determine their specific level in the curriculum, the professor with whom they will study and the mandatory, complementary disciplines to attend.
French candidates do not need to do make a request for admission, but can directly schedule an audition with the Dean of Studies from the 3rd of September 2018.
Format (for instrumental and vocal study) :
- Presentation of 3 pieces, each of a different musical style.
- Music theory and sight reading tests
Audition fees: 50 €
To schedule your audition, contact the Secretary of Studies from August, 27th on at 00 33 (0)1 47 63 80 16 or by mail.
Please come to the audition with the following materials :
|For the audition||For administrative enrollment|
|• Musical resume (CV) (In French or English)
• Letter of motivation (In French or English)
• Copies of musical diplomas already obtained
• Other relevant documents if available (Written works, compositions, etc.)
• Audition fee of 50 €
|• ID or passeport
• 2 ID photos
• Enrollment and school fees : by check, cash or bank transfer
• The document specifying the level and name of professor for your principal discipline (received at the moment of audition)
• Completed enrollment form*
• Commitment (“l’engagement”) completed and signed*
• Regulations read and signed
• Certificate of affiliation and payment to student social security**. These documents will be given to you at the moment of enrollment.
1) ADMISSION REQUEST
- To apply, please complete the form and send the documents and necessary payment online or by post.
NB: Applying does not guarantee enrollment.
- If your application request is full and accepted, you will receive by post a certificate of admission. You will need it to get your visa at the French Consulate in your home country.
|Online admission request||Admission request by post|
|The online admission request requires a payment via debit/credit card Visa or Mastercard.||Your application must contain the following components :
|Click here to fill in the online admission request||Send to : École Normale de Musique de Paris
Bureau des Admissions
114 bis bd Malesherbes
Upon arrival in Paris in September or October, schedule an audition with the Dean of Studies. The audition will confirm your admission and determine your specific level in the curriculum, the professor with whom you will study and the mandatory, complementary disciplines to follow.
Format (For instrumental and vocal study) :
- Presentation of 3 pieces, each of a different musical style
- Music theory and sight reading tests
To schedule your audition, contact the Secretary of Studies from September, 3rd 2018 on by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 00 33 (0)1 47 63 80 16
Registration is mandatory before beginning a course.
Contact the regsitration office by mail: email@example.com ou by phone : 00 33 (0)1 47 63 85 72.
It is open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 12.30am and from 2.30pm to 4.30pm.
(It will be closed between July, 14th and August, 31st 2018).
You must provide the following :
- The completed enrollment form*
- The document specifying the level and name of professor for your main discipline (given to you at the audition with the Dean of Studies)
- Commitment completed and signed
- ID card for French and European citizens, or a passport and student visa or a pending “Carte de séjour” for foreign students (Originals, no copies)
- 2 ID photos
- Enrollment and school fees : by check, cash or bank transfer
- Certificate of affiliation* and affiliation payment to student social security if you are enrolled in Higher Education Programs and between 16 and 18 years old (Unless you have a European social security card)
*These documents will be given to the applicant at the moment of enrollment.