Concerts de Midi & Demi
These public concerts are held at the Salle Cortot each Tuesday and Thursday (and the occasional Wednesday) from October to April except during school holidays.
Since 2012, the artistic direction of the series is lead by Véronique Bonnecaze, piano professor at the École Normale de Musique de Paris.
Do you wish to play at a Concert de Midi & Demi?
• Withdraw an application form from the Registration Office with Nadia DUFRUIT or download it here.
• Read and sign the rules
• Fill in the form and propose a program and date(s).
• Véronique BONNECAZE will contact you to confirm.
• Within a week after confirmation by Véronique Bonnecaze, you must register and submit the deposit check with Nadia DUFRUIT if not already done. The check should be made to Association de l’Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris
• After your concert, your deposit check will be returned Direct all questions regarding Concerts de Midi & Demi and program changes to Mme Véronique BONNECAZE via mail.
1. Playing at Concerts de Midi & Demi is primarily reserved for students registered in Diplôme Supérieur de Concertiste, d’Exécution or de Musique de Chambre.
2. Students wishing to play (20 or 30 minutes max) must fill in an application form, signed by their teacher.
3. Any incomplete or erroneous form won’t be processed (undetailed program, missing duration, no teacher signature, etc.).
4. The program will contain only complete works (no separate movements)
5. Student commits himself to register with Nadia Dufruit (Registration office 1st floor) within a week after confirmation of his concert’s date by Véronique Bonnecaze. In case of modifications (program, musicians), the final program must be resubmitted at least 1 month before the concert day. In case of non-respect of those rules within the timeout, concert will be cancel.
6. Laureates of the Diplôme Supérieur de Concertiste in an instrument, voice or chamber music are given the opportunity to play to a Concert de Midi & Demi, (half or entire concert), at last two years after getting the DSC. Concerts dates allotted to the DSC laureates are between October 1st and January 30th.
7. Musicians must be present at least one hour before the beginning of the concert. An elegant outfit is expected: no jeans or sneakers… (This applies also to page turners).
8. A 30€ deposit check is required when signed up with Nadia Dufruit. It will be returned after the concert, except if the student doesn’t come to the concert.
9. Musicians can rehearse Salle Cortot, as following:
• Tuesday concert: rehearsal is Tuesday from 10:30 to 12 am
• Wednesday concert: rehearsal is Tuesday from 9 to 10:30 am
• Thursday concert: rehearsal is Thursday from 10:30 to 12 am