Midi & Demi Concerts
These are public concerts held at the Salle Cortot every Tuesdays and Thursdays (and occasionally Wednesdays) from October to April except for school holidays.
The artistic director, Franck Tourre, is a History of Music professor at the École Normale de Musique de Paris.
Do you wish to play at a Concert de Midi & Demi?
• Ask for an application form to Nadia DUFRUIT at the Registration Office.
• Send dates and program proposals to Franck Tourre. Once he has accepted and confirmed them, you can finalize registration.
. Your participation to a concert is free. However, you will have to make a deposit check of 30€. It will be returned to you after the concert.
For any question or change in the program, please contact Franck Tourre by email:
1. Playing at Midi & Demi Concerts is primarily open to students registered in Diplôme Supérieur de Concertiste, d’Exécution or de Musique de Chambre.
2. Students who wish to play (20 or 30 minutes max) must fill in an application form, signed by their professor.
3. Any incomplete or erroneous form won’t be processed (undetailed program, missing duration, no teacher signature, etc.).
4. The program will contain only complete works (no individual movements)
5. Students commit themselves to register with Nadia Dufruit (Registration office 1st floor) within a week after confirmation of his concert’s date by Franck Tourre. In case of modifications (program, musicians), the final program must be resubmitted at least 1 month before the concert day. If not, the concert will be cancelled.
6. Laureates of the Diplôme Supérieur de Concertiste (instrument, voice or chamber music) are given the opportunity to play at a Midi & Demi Concert, (half or entire concert), within the two years following their DSC, between October, 1st and January, 30th, only.
7. Musicians must be present at least one hour before the beginning of the concert. An elegant outfit is expected: no jeans or sneakers… (This applies also to page turners).
8. A 30€ deposit check is required when signing up with Nadia Dufruit. It will be returned after the concert, unless the student does not come to the concert.
9. Musicians can rehearse in Salle Cortot, as following:
• Tuesday concert: rehearsal is Tuesday from 10:30am to 12 am
• Wednesday concert: rehearsal is Tuesday from 9am to 10:30 am
• Thursday concert: rehearsal is Thursday from 10:30am to 12 am