Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris-Alfred Cortot is an entirely private superior school for music.
Its goals are :
- to train the students so as to become accomplished musicians, excellent in the performing of their instrument, voice or disciplins such as composition and with a high level in all the necessary complementary disciplins, Solfege, Analysis, Music History…
- de préparer les étudiants efficacement aux spécificités et exigences d’une carrière de musicien
- to prepare the students in the most effective way to professional life
- to prepare the students for international competions
- to assist them with professional integration
The school welcomes each year 800 students from 50 different nationalities willing to discover the style, teaching and spirit that was passed from its beginnings by prestigious professors such as Paul Dukas, Arthur Honegger, Olivier Messiaen, Pablo Casals, Nadia Boulanger, Henri Dutilleux, André Navarra, Georges Enesco… and many other outstanding musicians, among which the 150 teachers of today’s faculty.
Among its former students are composers Elliot Carter and Joachim Rodrigo, pianists Dinu Lipatti and Samson François or conductor Igor Markevitch, to name but a few.