The courses for orchestral conducting cover the following topics:
• Conducting technique
• Conducting (with one or two pianos and then with musicians from the Massy Orchestra). Some sessions with musicians are filmed, viewed and discussed as part of the course)
CURICULUM AND DIPLOMAS
1. Classe préparatoire
2. Classes Supérieures (6 to 8 hours weekly)
- Preparation of Diplôme
- Preparation of Diplôme Supérieur
3. Certificat spécialisé de Direction de Musique Française
• Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris (Salle Cortot)
• And, alternatively, at the Opéra-Théâtre de Massy
Students enrolled in Composition and Orchestration classes can be accepted as observers for this course, for free, if approved by the professor.
Specific admission criteria (no online procedure)
Entry competition: date to come
Music theory tests (dictation and theory), analysis, musical culture and proof of previous experience in conducting.
For further information concerning the courses and enrollment, contact us by mail: email@example.com or by phone 0033 (0)1 47 63 85 72.
The École Normale de Musique de Paris offers certain courses to a wider public as listeners :
The conducting class is open to listeners for the sessions taking place in Salle Cortot only, (generally 3 hours / fortnight).