Composition classes at the École Normale de Musique de Paris, studying contemporary creation, benefit from a partnership with the Ensemble Alternance (instrumental ensemble for contemporary music) via an annual session.
COURSES AND DIPLOMAS OFFERED
• Diplôme Supérieur
• Advanced class (Perfectionnement)
• History and Analysis of contemporary music
• 2 sessions on the technique of contemporary writing for instruments
• Advanced class students will be introduced to a professional ensemble to prepare the performing of a piano-violin-cello piece.
• Meetings organized with composers
• History of music
• Orchestral conducting (as observer)
Students enrolled in Composition class benefit from a 30% discount on enrollment in Orchestration class.
Specific admission criteria (no online procedure)
Admission is based on your student portfolio, which, in addition to the documents listed on the admission page, must contain :
• Musical resume (CV)
• Original compositions
Prerequisite: sufficient level of music theory, analysis and writing as well as experience in music composition.
For further information about the courses and enrollment, contact us by mail: email@example.com or by phone 0033 (0)1 47 63 85 72.